Monday, June 09, 2008

Confuscious.....the great thinker....

I usually have something in mind before I come online to post a blog. But today I'm blank. So take this as a kind of a warning and leave NOW when you can!!! Hehehe

Like I said, I have no clue as to what I am going to write. Pretty similar to the story of my life coming to think of it. Aaaah.. the story of my life would be a good topic now wouldnt it? ....................... (long pregnant pause)............... Sharks.. there isnt much!

Throughout my life, the choices I have made have always been results of rejecting other options. For instance, I took up Science in Std 11 for the simple reason that I sucked at the arty and commercy (new adjectives please note) subjects. Besides my childhood plans of wanting to become an elephant were not very financially viable (In these days of rising inflation, sugarcane too has its price). The fact that I was rather good at Maths (still am if I have to say so myself..... does anyone hear trumpets in the background?) kind of supported my decision to take up science.

Again, when it came to the time of choosing a career path, I rejected the option of taking up a pure science cos it wasnt cool enough. Medicine was out as I couldnt spell Biyoligy properly.... :D.... and I really dint want to bust my ass studying law. So I took the easy way out -> Engineering!

In engineering as well, I dint seem to have an inclination towards any subject in particular. So I took Mechanical only because the seat was free and I wasnt really enthu about anything anyway. Plus I was exceptional when it came to sketching (again, Trumpets anyone?) so this seemed to compliment my choice

Then I graduated. Dint have a clue as to what I wanted to do. However, I did know that Mechanical Engineering companies were not my cup of tea. And since Mechanical Engineering is an ever green subject, I took up the offer Infy gave me.
This is when everything in my life started going down hill!
3 years of misery led me to grab the first MBA college that came my way(NMIMS) but on retrospective thinking, I do not regret taking up admission here. Agreed, we are not half as good as the IIMs ... but nothing can be worse than doing a job which you are not good at. The pressure is immense cos you know you will never be able to excel even if you try.
There are somethings some people just cant do. My dad cant draw to save his life. My mom wont be chosen to play any sport even if she is the only person on earth..... Similarly, I cant code.


Wow... from where to where this blog came!....
As of now... I really dunno what I want to do in life. Nothing seems to be good enough for me and I dont seem to be good enough for anything. Mid life crisis has kinda found itself a very strong victim... ME....
Counselling from anyone who cares to read this blog, is welcome!

5 comments:

PURN!MA said...

I didn't hear any trumpets in the background but i heard "Main aisa kyun hoon..." song from the movie Lakshya. :)

I know it can be rather depressing when U don't know where you are headed. I was too, some time back. But then Thanks to my decision to follow my friend's footsteps and do French :D , I see my way, a long long way. you'll will too. Rub your eyes hard, rilly rilly rilly very hard. :) Stop when it pains, else you won't be able to see at all. LOL.

On a serious note, my counselling is done. Now pay my fees please!

Jayded said...

Here.... (takes out a million dollars and gives it to her).........



I hope you do know that they were zimbabwian dollars... lets see... a million dollars now would be a little over..mmm..yeah... I have change(and even less after lunch)

Anonymous said...

Ah you have become the vicitim of Quarter life crisis ! There are tonsa options out there actually,just that we hail from a country where being a doctor or engineer is the end of everything ! :-/ If you love traveling get hold of this book "Jobs for Travel Lovers" and yeah in case anybody hasn't mentioned this to you yet let me have the honor I'd suggest you to read "What color is your parachute ? "

Rach said...

hey the person above has suggested sum good books... but i dont think we r discussing Literature here!... Anyways.. there's a wonderful e-mail doing the rounds called as Quarter Life crisis, which am sure u must have read too (again back to reading.. heck! :|).... else read it here... http://ananthpai.blogspot.com/2008/05/quarter-life-crisis.html
and also do listen to Sunscreen by Baz Luhrmann (use Google!!)...

Yep.. thats my counselling... give u unwanted links... talk crap... and confuse u even more (in short, make u feel blessed u aint me :P )

Take Care... and Just hang in there... things will be better!!

Ashwin said...

i have one word for people like us - "driftwood". welcome to the club, machax.