Friday, June 13, 2008

Briton? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The British are a funny race. In fact I can easily say that the British are the funniest people alive. The English Football team for example, is the biggest joke on earth, since the previous biggest joke winner (i.e. former England cricket team who's most outstanding feature was Andrew Caddick's ears.)It is only fitting that such a ridiculously funny country has Prince Charles as its figure head... well almost(I deliberately chose Prince Charles here cos he's way funnier than his mum. I almost die laughing on merely seeing the man.....).

Coming to think of it, anything and everything that the Brits have done since the sun set on that Great British Stiff Upper lip, has been a big joke. Rolls Royce, Jaguar, Cherie Blair's contraceptive promotion program(wait a minute, doesnt she have 4 kids?), Prince Charles, Margeret Thacher's hairstyle, their nuclear program(which is made to look like a toy gun arsenal when compared to the Soviet Program in the Yes Minister series), Prince Harry's war efforts, Mad cows, naming hills after Wimbledon's biggest loosers... this list is endless really.

Talking about Tim Henmen and Henmen Hills, another hilarious trait of the British is the way that they hero worship their "Sports achievers" (Read: looooosers). When England beat Australia in the Ashes after close to 3 billion attempts, they wanted to Knight Andrew Flintoff. Huh... When England fluked the Rugby world cup, they ACTUALLY knighted the captain of the team(I forgot the blokes name). In fact Knighthood has become such a joke now (hence getting back to the point of the article) that it wont be long before they start dishing out blue ribbons at souvenier stores. And since we are still on the topic of British stupidity and sports, doesnt it really crack you up when you hear David Beckham's squeeky tone? I can swear on all the British Gods that Posh Spice has a more manly voice! (My apologies to DB fans)

On a very serious note though, the British have really excelled at creating humour. :) . (See... told you that the Brits were a funny race!). What was started by Sir PG Wodehouse in the post war era(when that famous sun I was talking about, just set on the GBE) rubbed off on the theatre industry in Britain giving rise to some of the funniest, most delightful sitcoms ever. As a person who loves good humour, British Comedy has been RIGHT on the top of my "favorite pass time" list. Black Adder, Fawlty Towers, The Monty Python's Flying Circus, Allo Allo.............Aaaargh... another endless list... All very good examples confirming my argument.

One might ask why I suddenly came up with such a ridiculous blog. Well... What can I say... I'm jobless and my Mom's just returned from her holiday. Any guesses from where?...............

Hehehehehe... Right....

BRITON!




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROFL. Funny style of writing....
Keep it up

Ashwin said...

Nice... thats one thing I like about the Brits - their sense of humor! long time since i visited... good to see you've been busy, writing. :)

Jayded said...

LOL.. no man... My josh is very cyclic. sometimes I write like 2-3 blogs a week.. and then I dont wrote for months together.

Whats your scene?

Rach said...

i hate u for being so jobless!! :P

Jayded said...

(bows gracefully)

AB Van Kenabi said...

I have a "cunning" plan, sir /a.k.a Baldrick/



:D

Unknown said...

Good one da. But then the same can be argued virtually about every race - the french, the yank-a-doodles, the desis.

But brit comedies, a class apart really.

BTW, been to the movie reviews blog of yours too. Must say, that deserves some attention too da. You have the talent to make boring movies so very interesting :P

TheGreatOne said...

hehe..Awesome as usual! :D

I love 'Coupling' (Sitcom) too and I support Arsenal Football Club! :D