Friday, March 13, 2009

YUM BEE AYE....

All good things come to an end.... Or that is what they all say.
And like everything else, my MBA course at NMIMS, too, has come to an end. Unlike the Engineering course that I completed from MIT Manipal, I leave NMIMS with a heavy heart. These 2 years have been a life saver - simply magical - for a whole lot of reasons, the biggest being that had it not been for NM, I would have surely committed suicide!!! Most people who know me would know that I wasn't exactly the happiest bloke before taking up this course. (Note: already been extensively blogged about). It is only after one gets a little bit of work experience does one value  "studying" again. I had heard about how difficult it was to get back to studies after money came into ones hands - all bunkum. Not only is it easy, its also more valued!

This being said, the course has also taught me a lot. Having an Engineering degree and a "science background", a whole lot of things that were taught as part of the course were new to me. My friends here who have a commerce background or have done courses like BBM, have already had an exposure to a lot of Marketing/HR/Finance models and basics. So to them, this course might not have been too much of a value add (for some, not more than the value of the paper on which our degree will be printed). Even simple terms/common marketing jargon like "Positioning", "targeting"and "segmenting" (which by the way, form the core of our marketing course) were new to me. So in a way, even though I haven't been placed yet, I can truthfully say that I am now better equipped to face the world.

On the social front, I have made a lot of friends and acquainted myself with a lot of people who I would have ordinarily not known. Due to the diverse background of my class, I have met people from all walks of life from most of the States in India (this is something I didn't get even in an institution like Infosys). 

And finally, I have had an opportunity to stay in one of the most famous places in the World (more so, post Slumdog millionaire) This is the first time that I have actually had hard core exposure to proper "city" life. Bombay can easily be the mascot for Citibank as I truly believe that this city, NEVER sleeps. I wouldn't go so far as saying I like the city (I DON'T!)... but it sure has taught me a lot - given me a sneak-preview of life and how hard and unfair it can get. 

With this, I stop. I am tired...Very tired. With another chapter of my life done, I hope the future has good things in store for me.


3 comments:

Rach said...

'all endings in life are also beginnings, we just don't know it at that time!'

All the Best for the Future and May you have many more of good experiences in life!

Cheers :)

MJ Singh said...

gud 2 knw dere is sm1 who believes he's learnt smtg in d past 2 yrs :)

Anonymous said...

Hmm.. Come back now na please... :)
Bombay teaches you to live - live in any part of the world in any circumstances. If you have learnt that, the purpose is fulfilled. You didn't love the city - I love it for having taught me that.

So, where are you headed next? I'll tell you - you are most welcome actually here but then, are they hiring still? :(