Sunday, February 01, 2009

Bangalored....

Interviewer : Since you are a Bangalorean, give  me 3 things that are unique to Bangalore - which defines Bangalore - the reasons why you love Bangalore

Me: 1) The coffee culture
2) The Pub culture (in your FACE Mr. Muthalik)
3) The People...
Bold
Interviewer: (Raises and eyebrow) The people? Explain...

Me: Well, to start of with, Bangalore has arguably the most cosmopolitain population in the country. Such levels of diversity can only be explained by the fact that only 23% of Bangaloreans are Kannadigas! They are sweet people who do not force you to speak in the local language (Though in the recent past, there have been some pro-kannada incidents). If you leave autodrivers outside the realm of this conversation, Bangaloreans are accomodating and helpful - on par with the Mumbaites on this factor. I have stayed in Bangalore for around 20 years - I dont know Kannada!

4 comments:

Rach said...

Hehe! i agree that Blore has grown more beautifully in recent times, in terms of its people culture than many other cities in the country have! [keeping the rickwalla's out]...and its definately a much safer and decent city than Delhi!!


BUT yes, most of them DO have a problem with Mumbaiites, like we DO with Delhiites... :P

Jayded said...

Aaaah... why did I know something like this was coming.. tut tut tut.. :D

I LOVE Bombay (nose grows).. and Bombayites (nose grows longer)

Unknown said...

I've come to Bangalore very few times and for very few days to know what the people are like. So me is forced to believe what you say abt it. :) But the TRAFFIC scared the daylights outta me!!

entropicbeauty said...

add the typical B'lorean weather 2 its USP..I've inhabited many cities of our country but believe me haven't seen a place which has a better climate than this city..perhaps that's 1 of the reasons why I'm a strong proponent of B2B..Back 2 Bangalore..what else? ;-)